Notice of Nominations & Election 2020 Negotiating Committee- Local 2921
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
Local Lodge 2921 is calling nominations for negotiating committee members. The NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE will consist of 10 members plus an IAM Business Representative comprising of three (3) Senior Shop Stewards and an additional seven (7) members elected by the membership:
• three (3) from Terminal 1,
• three (3) from Terminal 3, and
• one (1) from Toronto Island.
Nominations & Elections for this position are as follows:
Date of Nomination: May 21 2020 at Sheraton Gateway Hotel at 14:00 hrs.
(Monthly Membership Meeting)
Date of Election: June 11 2020 at Sheraton Gateway Hotelat 0700-2100hrs.
Eligibility: Members in attendance may accept nomination. Members who are not present may be nominated, but they MUST have a letter on file with the Recording Secretary stating that they will accept nomination for that particular office.
Qualifications and expectations for the Negotiating Committee members are as follows:
1. Must be a member in good standing, meaning has signed an IAM card as of May 21, 2019
2. Must have been employed at Garda for at least one year, as per Article 3.7
3. Must have attended at least fifty percent (50%) of the regular Local Lodge monthly meetings in the preceding twelve (12) months of their nomination.
4. Nominator must also be an IAM member in good standing.
5. The training will be in the USA at the IAM’s Winpisinger Education Centre in Maryland, and anyone seeking the position as a Negotiating Committee member must understand and be able to commit to the following:
a. Be able to travel to the USA
b. Be able to attend the Negotiations training at the Winpisinger Education Centre between August 16 through to August 21, 2020
Bylaw of Local Lodge no. 2921 Article 2 Section H
In order for any member to be eligible for nomination to a Local Lodge office or committee, shop steward, delegate, or any Local Lodge sponsored convention, conference or seminar, the member must be in good standing for a period of one (1) year and have attended at least fifty percent (50%) of the regular Local Lodge monthly meetings in the preceding twelve (12) months of their nomination.
Bylaw of Local Lodge no. 2921
Article 2 Section I
A member may be excused from attendance to the Local Lodge monthly meeting due to work schedule, employer out of town assignment, sick leave, bereavement leave, compassionate leave, union business, or scheduled vacation. In these cases the member will be considered as having been in attendance. Evidence in support of any excused attendance must be provided to the Recording Secretary prior to or at the time of nomination.
Bylaw of Local Lodge no. 2921 Article 6 Section E Subsection (i)
Each Negotiating Committee member shall be nominated and elected from and by the members employed at each airport terminal for a period equal to the term of the collective agreement, with the exception of all the Chief Stewards who automatically hold a position once appointed.