The main focus during the week was improving the working conditions of screening officers by:
- Union involvement in the actual development and bidding of the work schedule. Ensuring that the schedule bid upon is actually worked and if needed the daily transfers between T1 / T3 checkpoint to checkpoint is done in a fair manner
- Improvements in breaks
- Improvements in Safety and Health (Dosimeters and Lunchroom’s)
- Tech change, language to be added to CBA
- Implement revised payroll language.
In regards to monetary issues:
- Putting a fifteen percent (15%) cap on use of part time employees and providing the part time employees with sick days, Stat Holidays and full benefits. (Vision care improvement for all EE’s)
- Increase in sick days and Personal Days 12 days per year.
- Increase Pension contributions over three (3) years.
- Increase wages 1st year, 2nd year, and 3rd
- Increase of 1 week to vacation time, increase to 14%.
We can only achieve these goals by staying united and working together.
To view the full bulletin please click link below: