COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT ARBITRATION DECISION
Arbitrator Hayes has issued his final award in the outstanding matters of our Collective Agreement.
- The Arbitrator awarded Screeners a greater percentage increase in wages (but no retroactive pay).
- More money in the pension contribution than we were originally offered in the rejected tentative agreement.
- The Arbitrator gave us one more additional sick day: 8 each year starting in 2013.
- A higher $$ amount of combined C.O.L.A. and V.R.S.C. at $2.35 per hour instead of $2.22.
- Grandfathered P.L. rate at an additional $2.35 over S/O Level 3.4 wages.
Wage increases were awarded as:
- 1% wage increase as of November 1, 2012.
- An additional 2.5% wage increase as of April 7, 2013.
- And another 2.5% wage increase as of April 6, 2014.
We are disappointed the Arbitrator ruled that he could not deal with the part-time percentage issue. Mr. Hayes directed that that issue was to be resolved in a separate arbitration.
To view the complete award please click on
Garda Collective Agreement Arbitration Award